Christian Community Service (CCS) in the Niagara Catholic District School Board enables students to show solidarity with people who are in need and who require assistance. It provides students with an opportunity to follow the teaching of Jesus Christ and puts into practice the social teaching of the Church.
As a Catholic secondary school graduate, it is a requirement for each student to complete a minimum of 40 hours of Christian Community Service. Listed below you will find opportunities available to students of Saint Francis.
Guiding Principles for Christian Community Service:
· An event or activity designed to be of benefit to the community
· An event or activity to support a not-for-profit agency, institution or foundation that conforms to Catholic standards and does not conflict with Catholic values
· Any structured program that promotes tutoring, mentoring, visiting or coaching, or whose purpose is to assist others who require the benefit of that assistance
· Participation in global initiatives/projects that do not conflict with Catholic values
· Participation in an event or activity that promotes positive environmental awareness and action
· Participation in activities that promote the human rights and well-being of all groups in society, as long as the values of these groups are in harmony with Catholic teaching
· Participation in an event or activity affiliated with a club, religious organization, arts or cultural association or political organization that seeks a positive contribution to the community and is not in conflict with Catholic teaching
Please come to the Chaplain’s office to receive more information if you are interested.
Text the message “@chaplains” to 705-302-3680 to receive information about upcoming events.
Please download following CCS information and form: